Frequently Asked Questions
An enhanced level check shows spent and unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings plus any information held by local police that’s considered relevant to the role.
An Enhanced DBS check can only be requested by an organisation as part of their recruitment process on potential employees
Applicants working in certain positions involving children or vulnerable adults are eligible for an Enhanced DBS Check. Click here to find out more about DBS eligibility guidance.
An applicant can be checked against the adults barred list if they carry out regulated activity with adults which can be;
- Advocacy, handling somebody’s money
- Conveying people to and from a place of health/social care
An applicant can be checked against the children’s barred list if they carry out the regulated activity with children and meet the frequency of once a week or more than 4 times a month which can be;
- Teach, train, instruct, supervise
- Drive a vehicle specifically for children
- Feeding, washing, dressing
- Healthcare both physical/ emotional/ educational well being
- Registered Childminding/ foster carers