Frequently Asked Questions
An enhanced level check shows spent and unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings plus any information held by local police that’s considered relevant to the role.
Enhanced DBS checks can only be requested if the individual is set to train, supervise, or be in sole charge of child.
They may also be entitled to this level of check if they are carrying out regulated activity or working in a specified setting.
- Care Homes
- Children’s hospitals
An applicant can be checked against the adults barred list if they carry out regulated activity with adults which can be;
- Advocacy, handling somebody’s money
- Conveying people to and from a place of health/social care
An applicant can be checked against the children’s barred list if they carry out regulated activity with children and meet the frequency of once a week or more than 4 times a month which can be;
- Teach, train, instruct, supervise
- Drive a vehicle specifically for children
- Feeding, washing, dressing
- Healthcare both physical/ emotional/ educational well being
- Registered childminding/ foster carers