An individual cannot apply for an Enhanced check themselves. An Enhanced application must be counter-signed by an AccessNI-registered organisation.
An Enhanced certificate will show the following:
- Spent and unspent convictions from the Police National Computer
- Cautions, informed warnings and other non-court disposals from the Police National Computer
- Information held by the Disclosure and Barring Service (for positions in regulated activity)
- Information held by the police that is relevant to the role applied for
- PIN given to you by the organisation that asked you to get a Enhanced check.
- Your home addresses for the last five years
- Your National Insurance number
- Your driving licence and passport numbers (if you have these documents) and 1 further ID document
70% of applications are completed within 10 days.
95% within 21 days and 98% within 28 days.
Once an application is completed Enhanced certificates are issued within 7 days for online certificates and 8 days for paper certificates.
- gives their time in a role to a non-profit organisation to perform any activity free of charge (except for travelling and other out-of-pocket expenses)
- does something for the good of the community or a volunteer group, not for their own benefit or for the benefit of a close relative
- the person is volunteering directly for a statutory organisation
- the person is volunteering for a non-profit organisation in a position which delivers statutory services under contract or in a specific project, where the organisation receives funding from the government including the cost of disclosures for volunteers
- they are getting paid for the activities
- they are benefiting themselves e.g. work experience or help them obtain a job or with their career