Products and services
Standard AccessNI Check
Standard checks can be obtained only where the role or position in question is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders (NI) Order 1978. It is not suitable for people working with children and vulnerable adults and can only be applied through a registered body.
A Standard AccessNI certificate contains details of any spent and unspent convictions, informed warnings and other non-court disposals from the Police National Computer.
People working in the following roles are eligible for a Standard AccessNI check:
- Veterinary Surgeon
- Pharmaceutical Chemist
An individual cannot apply for a standard check. An application for a standard check must be counter-signed by an AccessNI-registered organisation.
- PIN given to you by the organisation that asked you to get a standard check
- Your home addresses for the last five years
- Your National Insurance number
- Your driving licence and passport numbers (if you have these documents) and 1 further ID document
99% of the Standard applications are completed within 7 days.
Once an application is completed, Standard certificates are issued within 5 days.
- gives their time in a role to a non-profit organisation to perform any activity free of charge (except for travelling and other out-of-pocket expenses)
- does something for the good of the community or a volunteer group, not for their own benefit or for the benefit of a close relative
AccessNI will charge for a Standard or Enhanced check if:
- the person is volunteering directly for a statutory organisation
- the person is volunteering for a non-profit organisation in a position which delivers statutory services under contract or in a specific project, where the organisation receives funding from the government including the cost of disclosures for volunteers
An individual is not eligible for a volunteer check if:
- they are getting paid for the activities
- they are benefiting themselves e.g. work experience or help them obtain a job or with their career
Please note we charge an admin fee and VAT for each volunteer application.